Research is the key to progress on good practices and quality services.
INICO members develop their research activities in various internal groups that make up the main lines of research.
INICO research groups:
- Quality of Life
- Inclusive Education
- Labour and Social Inclusion Policy
- Transition to Adult Life
- Autism and Severe Disabilities
- Health, Mental Health and Disability
- Technology and Disability
- Gender and Disability
- Sociology and Disability
At the same time, members of INICO participate in research groups recognized by the University of Salamanca and the Junta de Castilla y León (Regional Government):
- Recognized research group at the University of Salamanca called «Disability Research«
- Excellence Research Group of the Junta de Castilla y León GR197
Similarly, the INICO is integrated into international research networks:
- American Association on Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, AAIDD
- International Association for the Scientific Study of Intellectual Disabilities, IASSID
- Association of University Centers on Disability, AUCD
- Academic Network of European Disability Experts, ANED.